OJSC "Gusevskiy Glassworks named after F.E. Dzerzhinsky" is one of the biggest
manufacturers of technical glass in Russia. It was founded and put into operation
in 1929. The country has got the first production of sheet glass at Gusevskiy
Glassworks named after F.E.Dzerzhinsky.
In 1931 the workshop of eye and device glasses was established and in 1940
the enterprise began to produce photo glass ( thickness not more than 1.5mm),
beveled glass, triplex. In 1950 the output of these kinds of production was
Deep reconstruction was the new stage in the history of Glassworks.
It consisted of putting into service the conveyer on grinding and polishing
In summer 1960 simultaneously with the reconstruction of service shops and putting
into operation new production facilities, a new workshop of quartz glass
started to work. On the 22nd of July 1966 Gusevskiy Glassworks named after F.E.
Dzerzhinsky has been awarded with "Labour Red Banner" order.
In 1967 the workshop of profile glass began to put out a new kind of production.
The development of car and tractor industry caused the necessity in increasing
the output of heat-strengthened glass that is why in 1970 the workshop of
heat-strengthened glass was put into operation with the output of 800.000 m2
glass in a year.
In 1980 the workshop of profile glass was closed and on its base the Glassworks
started toproduce a wide range of figured glass.
In 1984 the workshop of quartz glass rods made the first production and in
1985 the new department of optical fiber pre-form and the line of glass crystalline
were put into operation. The Glassworks began to produce hardened eye glasses
and to build new facilities of oxygen and hydrogen station.
In 1987 the Glassworks started to build the workshop of optical fiber pre-forms
on the base of new modern equipment and with the assistance of specialists
from the U.K. At present the Glassworks has the considerable technical potential:
developed infra-structure, good production facilities, creative and highly
professional team of workers and specialists which make it possible to
work out the vital problem of different degrees of complexity.
Our main customers are the enterprises of electronic, electro-technical, chemical,
aircraft and space, medical, biological, atomic, instrument making industries
and those producing rare and semiconductor materials, communication facilities
and many others as well.
Our main customers are the enterprises of electronic, electro-technical,
chemical, aircraft and space, medical, biological, atomic, instrument
making industries and those producing rare and semiconductor materials,
communication facilities and many others as well.
Gusevskiy Glassworks named after F.E. Dzerzhinsky took part in realizing
the space program of Soyuz-Appolo, Soyuz-Solut the spaceship flights
to Mars and Venus and it was awarded with the prize of the Soviet Government.
The Glassworks is the participant of many prestigious home and international exhibitions.